Wednesday 6 November 2013

In 3 weeks, Andrew Harvey and Sheilagh O'Leary in our house! (hopefully)

For me, Green Drinks has always been about creating a forward-thinking community in St. John's.  So apropos of that, I invited Andrew Harvey and Sheilagh O'Leary to our meet-up on November 27th (at 7 pm at Bitters).  Both have responded to me in the affirmative, and I'm thrilled. (See their RSVP's for the facebook event.)

Having said all that, Green Drinks has taught me that an RSVP is quite far from a guarantee.  These are two busy people, so I wouldn't want my writing about their reply to put any undue pressure on them. But I hope next Green Drinks is an opportunity for members to connect with forward-thinking people active in local politics.  (And of course, anyone involved in politics is always welcome.)

In other political news, the provincial government has put on holding any applications for fracking rights.  That's great news!  For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment